Thursday, June 01, 2006

Between

Written to a very special person while still in the ICU

Somewhere between here and there, now and then,
this life and the next, where nothing is real,
everything is real, all is possible and all is now,
in that impossible glowing mist of all and nothing,
we met and made an agreement.

I do not know if you can remember consciously,
but I know that you know.
I promised to do this one last time and
you promised to not ask it of me again.
You are right, dearest Sister of the Soul,
we are not finished this time around,
but I do not know what more there is.
As we have danced this dance before,
and will do so again and again.
Something new this time was to find
the beautiful, ephemeral spirit that is
our other Sister of the Soul,
twined there with us.

I know I owe a duty to try to finish
helping those I promised "to shine my light
in hope of finding the beginning of their path",
I also have a book to write, a blog
to keep up, on line groups to participate in
and a life to finish properly.And most of all,
I have a family both by blood and by choice
to love and cherish and finish my life with.
I know that as long as my life is of more
importance to others than my passing,
I owe a debt to try and preserve it.

Somewhere there is a wonderful lady
who's tears have bathed my face,
and we made a commitment that
I am not sure I understand yet.
I know only that it was meant to be.

9 comments:

Jim said...

Zareba, hi, that is a very beautiful proclamation, a very true one about committments and obligations, that is what keeps us going, you are needed, more even than one knows, one is needed, the invisible is real and governs all the visible, Your soul knows.

I appreciate your love and comfort, even at your own expense, you have given more than most can even think of giving, I know that, I recognize that, I greatly appreciate you and your life, now and forever.

Stay relaxed, easy and do as you can keeping the stress to a minimum, I will do the same. Thanks again. All is improving, the world will be right one day, we all will be as we should be, no fear, love. Thanks.

Stacey said...

Beautiful poem.

Zareba said...

Thank you, Jim for your kind comments. I simply am what I must be.

...Z

Zareba said...

Thank you, Stacey.

...Z

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Very moving and quite powerful. I sense what is behind and between these words, which makes them much more than words. Namaste.

Zareba said...

Thank you, Don. The experience behind lthe words was one of the most powerful I have ever known.

...Z

George Breed said...

Z,
You come over to my blog and you type my favorite word--Yes. You leave it there, that trinity of affirmation. Yes, yes, and always YES! Thank you.
Great appreciation,
George

Zareba said...

Our paths cross and recross. It is the way of all those who travel the paths.

...Z

Meadow said...

Wow, wow, wow. This is awesome!