Friday, September 21, 2007

Later at Night

Late at night, when all is still,
My spirit walks the hallways of my mind,
Seeking solace, peace, and the will
To stay yet another day.

All I find is pain and heartache.
Then, away down the hall,
A glimmer of hope to ease the ache,
And face yet another day.

I squint and peer with all my might
Clearer with each step, I see
Glowing and growing in that little light
Courage to face the brand new day.


Clearer and clearer in that light, I see
In the swirling warmth and glow,
The love and faith surrounding me
More than enough for this new day.

3 comments:

Jim said...

And last but not least, by any means, this is a great little poem, very very special, I wish I had written it. Keep writing Zareba, keep the faith and the voice, really good to hear them sing.

Kathy Trejo said...

I love this! Thank you Zareba!

Zareba said...

Thank you both. It means a lot to me.