Monday, December 19, 2005

Inside Out

The tears roll down my face.
They don't have my permission.
Outside, my pain is written
in the water on my cheeks.
Outside, my body reflects
the state of the outer me.

The ocean of life cradles my soul,
deep, where no one can see.
Inside, the blows are cushioned
by a sea of tranquility.
Inside, my soul reflects
the state of the inner me.

So if you see me crying,
if you think you see despair,
don't let concern for the outside
blind your eyes to the inner life.
Remember that reflections
are not cast from the inside out.

3 comments:

Red Bark said...

Hello Zari,

Sounds like detachment from the worldly self. A pretty good trick.

George Breed said...

Sounds like reality to me.

Zareba said...

For me, it is reality. It is the ability to be Aware of the big picture while letting my (small) self do the things of this world. It is always knowing that even when it hurts, it is really OK. I can not come any nearer explaining it, but I think without my Awareness of the connection to the ALL, I would be destroyed by the cares of this world.

I hope you can achieve it, be now, and I suspect that you have done so George.

Wishing you all a season filled with sunshine and joy.

...Z