Saturday, December 13, 2008

Soul Mate

People often spend a lifetime searching for their soul mate without an understanding of what a soul mate actually is. As a result, their search is often futile.
In order to grow we must seek true understanding of the words we so blithely banter around. So many people don't do this and a new and improper definition evolves. A perfect example of this happening is the use of the word "avatar".

Original meaning

Definition of Avatar - Spiritual meaning and purpose of avatar
The title Avatar describes a fully freed soul incarnating directly from God on this physical planet or elsewhere. An Avatar fulfills a highly spiritual task in the name of God and returns to God after accomplishing his task. His Love for God and his creation is beyond description and imagination, his faith in God absolute as there is no difference between an Avatar and God.

Avatars are rarely in populated areas and prefer to act in a quiet retreat to peacefully fulfill their task. One of their task often is to teach guru's or potential Gurus, to assure the continuity of God's Divine plan in his creation.

There are but a very few avatars at the same time incarnated - usually only one. There are no Avatar-courses or Avatar-workshops, these are inventions of mankind's fantasy and desire to abuse even the most sacred values for profit. An Avatar always learns from God and never has any other Guru. Only God can be his Guru.
Purpose of an Avatar. By his nature an Avatar leads an entire culture home to God while a Guru leads a number of individual disciples to God.
Current usage.

An avatar is a computer user's representation of himself/herself or alter ego, whether in the form of a three-dimensional model used in computer games, ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(computing) - 58k - Cached - Similar pages

Having been on my own personal Journey for most of my life, I was very familiar with the original meaning. While I was not looking the word changed so much that I could not comprehend, and actually felt it was a kind of sacrilegious usage. For different reasons Soul mate has gone through a similar transformation. When people are unaware of their own spiritual selves, and assume that the earthly existence is all we have, then they put all their hopes into finding that perfect mate. The perfect earthly mate may not be the perfect soul mate. One applies to only this physical existence for however long this life lasts, the other applies to someone who is so close to us that the connection transcends this earthly life and is a part of our true selves.

If we are very blessed, we may reunite with a soul mate in this life. They could be in the form of a partner, relative, friend, a stranger .... whatever. When we come into contact with such soul mates in this life, there is an instant attraction, a sense of déjà vu, a desire to know this person and to have them in our lives in whatever guise they wear in this temporary existence. Because soul personalities tend to reincarnate in a similar time frame, we can meet more than one brother or sister of the soul.

In my own case, I have been extremely blessed by having reconnected with more than one of the soul personalities that travel in a similar time frame as I do. I have actually written about the two sisters of my soul who came and gave me the strength to come back through the mist. Before that incident we had never met in person, only known each other over the internet. The connection we felt was deep and instant. When I first met one of my sisters of the soul in person, she walked into my arms and it felt like we had known each other forever. When the third sister was able to join us in person last summer, the experience was the same for all three of us. When we met in person, it also became obvious that my DH is also part of this transcendent group.

I would wish that everyone could meet at least one of their travelling companions.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I was blessed enough to meet my soul mother a few years ago. We only met in person twice, but it was such an amazing connection. It really makes me sad that so many people don't understand the true meaning of soul mates, or even how to communicate with their own souls. I've been reading the Soul Power Series by Dr. Sha and it's really helped me a lot to learn how to pay attention to my soul and not just worry about the physical parts of life. He's got a new book, The Power of Soul, coming out in January and I can't wait to get my hands on that one too.

Zareba said...

Thank you for your visit and your comkments. I believe you are right that most people do not understand that we are so much more than the lives we live here on earth. We continue to learn and grow through many lifetimes.

...Z